The Communications Systems Center (CSC), is part of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, and is affilieated with GCATT and GTISC. Since 1993, we have received significant support from the Georgia Research Alliance (GRA) and Scientific Atlanta, now a division of Cisco.
- Wireless Security,
- Wireless Network Optimization, and
- Wireless Traffic Monitoring and Analysis.
Our offices and lab are located on the 3rd floor of the Klaus Advanced Computing building. In our lab, we have:
- Networks and testbeds to study network hacking techniques and detection and prevention techniques,
- an 802.11 wireless testbed which includes vehicle mounted units,
- a video conferencing testbed, and
- network simulation programs, including an OPNET simulation system which handles wireless networks.
The Communications Systems Center strives to perform leading research on communications systems; produce graduates that have made significant advances in communications systems security and network technology. Our goal is for business, health, education, and government organizations to benefit from our research and experience. We continue to work with industry and government agencies, to attract industry to Georgia and make the Internet safer.
John Copeland – Director